Stage 7 Dakar Rally: Adrien Van Beveren Takes Dakar Rally Lead.
Monster Energy Yamaha Rally Team’s Adrien Van Beveren has kicked off the second week of racing at the 2022 Dakar Rally in style by moving into the provisional overall lead after successfully completing a challenging stage seven.
Continuing what has been an incredibly promising race for the Frenchman so far, his 10th place finish moves him to the top of the leaderboard with a healthy five-minute advantage over his nearest rival.
Consistency, speed, and a focused approach throughout the Dakar Rally is certainly paying off for Adrien Van Beveren who now leads the 44th edition of the event. Delivering a masterclass in navigation today when many of his rivals struggled with some of the tricky notes found in the roadbook, Van Beveren delivered a strong result on stage seven to put himself on top of the provisional overall classification with five days of racing remaining.
"Today was a great day for me. There was some really tricky navigation and I didn’t make any big mistakes, which was good and where I felt I could push, I really pushed where it was possible to do so. It feels great to be leading after everything that has happened to me over recent years but I know all too well that the race is far from over. I’ll continue to focus on each day and keep fighting to the end."
Stage 7 Provisional Classification:
. Jose Ignacio Cornejo (Honda) 3:28:46
2. Kevin Benavides (KTM) 3:29:30 + 0:00:44
3. Joan Barreda (Honda) 3:31:37 + 0:02:51
4. Luciano Benavides (Husqvarna) 3:36:36 + 0:07:50
5. Lorenzo Santolino (Sherco) 3:37:15 + 0:08:29
6. Joaquim Rodrigues (Hero) 3:37:43 + 0:08:57
10. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 3:41:20 + 0:12
8. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 0:55:53 + 0:04:10
Overall Provisional Classification (after stage 7):
1. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 23:45:02
2. Matthias Walkner (KTM) 23:50:14 + 0:05:12
3. Kevin Benavides (KTM) 23:50:25 + 0:05:23
4. Sam Sunderland (GASGAS) 23:50:40 + 0:05:38
5. Lorenzo Santolino (Sherco) 23:51:36 + 0:06:34
6. Pablo Quintanilla (Honda) 23:53:17 + 0:08:15