Vanbeveren keeps consistent with 5th in stage two of Kazakhstan Rally.
The second day of racing at the 2021 Rally Kazakhstan formed leg one of the event’s marathon stage. Just shy of 280km in length, the special was high speed with racers navigating their way through a maze of desert tracks. Upon completing the stage in Bay Kendirli, all riders were excited to have posted strong results for the second consecutive day.
Adrien Van Beveren continues to post consistent stage results at Rally Kazakhstan. Feeling comfortable on his Yamaha WR450F Rally, the 30-year-old enjoyed riding alone for much of the special and placed fourth overall. The Frenchman maintains fourth place in the provisional standings, extending his advantage over the riders behind him and now looks forward to tomorrow’s second leg of the marathon stage.
Tomorrow’s third stage, and the final leg of the event’s marathon stage, looks set to offer up a variety of challenges and terrains. Beginning with 50 kilometres of rutted desert tracks, hardpack conditions will soon follow before the special ends with a serious physical test for all riders – a 10km stretch of rolling sand dunes.
"Today was ok. Unlike yesterday I rode alone for most of it, which was great as I could focus on myself and my riding. I’m still getting used to the roadbook that we’re using for this rally and with the high speeds that we had today, it was tricky to follow at times. I feel great on the bike, I’m comfortable, and it’s working well. As it was the first part of the marathon stage, I had to prepare the bike for tomorrow. I put some new brake pads in, more of a precautionary thing really, and now I’ll take some rest and focus on the final three days of racing."
Rally Kazakhstan 2021:
Stage 2 Provisional Classification:
1. Skyler Howes (Husqvarna) 2:39:45
2. Matthias Walkner (KTM) 2:40:55 + 0:01:10
3. Andrew Short (Yamaha) 2:43:00 + 0:03:15
4. Ross Branch (Yamaha) 2:44:05 + 0:04:20
5. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 2:44:27 + 0:04:42
6. Sam Sunderland (KTM) 2:44:59 + 0:05:14
Overall Provisional Classification (after stage 2):
1. Matthias Walkner (KTM) 6:02:59
2. Skyler Howes (Husqvarna) 6:03:21 + 0:00:22
3. Ross Branch (Yamaha) 6:03:58 + 0:00:59
4. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 6:11:47 + 0:08:48
5. Andrew Short (Yamaha) 6:15:38 + 0:12:39
6. Sam Sunderland (KTM) 6:15:43 + 0:12:44