Dakar Rally - Stage 11 : Van Beveren moves to 8th in overall standings.
Monster Energy Yamaha Rally Team’s Adrien Van Beveren has posted the 10th fastest time on stage 11 of the 2021 Dakar Rally, moving himself up to eighth in the overall provisional classification. Now, with just one stage of the event remaining, Van Beveren is comfortably placed inside the top 10 with just 452 kilometres separating the Frenchman from his third Dakar Rally finish.
The 11th stage of the 2021 Dakar Rally was originally billed as the longest of the event before a minor alteration reduced the timed special to 464 kilometres. The stage opened with a number of technical, slow speed and rocky sections before a punishing stretch of close to 100 kilometres of sand dunes provided a physical test as the stage neared its conclusion.
Continuing with his strong run of form during week two of the 2021 Dakar Rally, Adrien Van Beveren again impressed on stage 11, delivering yet another solid ride to successfully complete the special among the leading riders. With the Frenchman picking up his pace as he entered the sand dunes, the 30-year-old put his sand riding skills to effective use, ending the stage in a well-deserved 10th place. Following another strong result, AVB advances to eighth in the provisional standings with one day of racing to go.
Adrien Van Beveren – Monster Energy Yamaha Rally Team
"A tough day today. Quite a mixed stage, early there were a lot of riverbeds to cross, along with some really slow rocky sections. It was almost like riding trial at one point. It then opened out into the sand dunes and I was able to really pick my pace up. There wasn’t as many dunes as expected but this is ok. Seventh place again, like yesterday, so another good result. One day remains now so my full focus is to finish the rally strongly, safely, but to also do my best."
Tomorrow, the 12th and final stage of the 2021 Dakar Rally offers the final chance for Adrien to climb higher up the overall standings. With the last day of the rally featuring the shortest special at just 200 kilometres, it will be an intense race to the finish line in Jeddah.
Dakar Rally 2021:
Stage 11 Provisional Classification:
1. Sam Sunderland (KTM) 4:35:12
2. Pablo Quintanilla (Husqvarna) 4:37:52 + 0:02:40
3. Kevin Benavides (Honda) 4:41:36 + 0:06:24
4. Daniel Sanders (KTM) 4:43:46 + 0:08:34
5. Matthias Walkner (KTM) 4:44:39 + 0:09:27
6. Ricky Brabec (Honda) 4:47:58 + 0:12:46
10. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 4:55:00 + 0:19:48
Overall Provisional Classification (after stage 11):
1. Kevin Benavides (Honda) 45:01:44
2. Sam Sunderland (KTM) 45:05:56 + 0:04:12
3. Ricky Brabec (Honda) 45:08:57 + 0:07:13
4. Daniel Sanders (KTM) 45:34:49 + 0:33:05
5. Skyler Howes (KTM) 45:50:51 + 0:49:07
6. Lorenzo Santolino (Sherco) 45:51:10 + 0:49:26
8. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 46:22:30 + 1:25:46