Adrien Van Beveren moves to third in overall standings
Adrien Van Beveren has finished fourth in Stage 2 of the Andalucía Rally and has moved up to third overall after two days of competition.
Using the event to lift his confidence and further improve his navigation, the Frenchman stopped on more than one occasion during the day’s stage, wanting to ensure 100 per cent accuracy in his navigation. Opting to ride safe but fast, Van Beveren finished just over two-and-a-half minutes behind team-mate Branch who was stage winner.
"Today’s stage was good. I started off near the front so there were very few lines. I took my time, stopping to check the roadbook a couple of times to make sure I was heading in the right direction. I lost some time doing this, but it was a better option than going off course. I’m not pushing too hard, it’s still early in the race and I’m riding safe and fast, so I’m happy. My navigation was good so I look forward to another strong day tomorrow."
Stage 2 Provisional Classification:
1. Ross Branch (Yamaha) 2:53:38
2. Kevin Benavides (Honda) 2:54:20 + 0:00:42
3. Lorenzo Santolino (Sherco) 2:55:54 + 0:02:16
4. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 2:56:14 + 0:02:36
5. Toby Price (KTM) 2:56:43 + 0:03:05
6. Andrew Short (Yamaha) 2:58:27 + 0:04:49
Overall Provisional Classification (after stage 2):
1. Kevin Benavides (Honda) 6:22:20
2. Lorenzo Santolino (Sherco) 6:27:12 + 0:04:52
3. Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) 6:29:50 + 0:07:30
4. Joan Barreda (Honda) 6:30:28 + 0:08:08
5. Ross Branch (Yamaha) 6:33:05 + 0:10:45
6. Franco Caimi (Yamaha) 6:36:07 + 0:13:47
SSS | Oct 6 | Villamartin to Villamartin | Total: 13 km | SS: 10 km
Stage 1 | Oct 7 | Villamartin to Villamartin | Total: 309 km | SS: 240 km
Stage 2 | Oct 8 | Villamartin to Villamartin | Total: 365 km | SS: 270 km
Stage 3 | Oct 9 | Villamartin to Villamartin | Total: 434 km | SS: 300 km
Stage 4 | Oct 10 | Villamartin to Villamartin | Total: 233 km | SS: 210 km