A day to forget for Viladoms.
The 6th and final stage before the deserved rest day in the city of Iquique has seen riders face 688 kilometers with a 318km special.
The early morning liason took riders along the coast to Tocopilla to find the starting point of the special. Viladoms experienced a day he wouldrather forget. The KTM rider missed the fourth waypoint and after realizinghis error it was too late to turn back. He ended the stage in 29th spot with penalties and dropped to 11th in the overall stadings..
The rally will resume on Sunday after a well deserved day of rest. Stage 7 will see the riders enter Bolivia with certain high altitudes. There are still 4,854 kilometers, with 2,747 of special left of the 2015 Dakar.
"At the fifth waypoint I realized that I missed the fourth waypoint, but had no choice but to keep going because returning would have cost more time than the penalty. I have to learn from mistakes and move on."
1. Helder Rodrigues (POR, Honda): 3h:40m:10s
2. Toby Price (AUS, KTM): +01m:10s
3. Paolo Goncalves (POR, Honda): +01m:42s
4. Pablo Quintanilla (CHI, KTM): +06m:11s
5. Stefan Svitko (SVK, KTM): +06m:42s
6. Joan Barreda (ESP, Honda): +07m:20s
7. Jeremias Israel (Esquerre, CHI): +08m:55s
8. Marc Coma (ESP, KTM): 4h:9m:14s
9, Ruben Faria (POR, KTM): +09m:34s
10. Ivan Jakes (SVK, KTM): +13m:59sOther KTM
29. Jordi Viladoms, ESP, KTM, at 35.25
1. Barreda: 21h:38m:35s
2. Coma at: +12m:27s
3. Goncalves: +17m:12s
4. Qunitanilla: +29m:75s
5. Price: +33m:44s
6. Rodrigues: +36m:04s
7. Faria: +40m:27s
8. Svitko: +41m:27s
9. Duclos: +52m:56s
11. Viladoms: +1h:04m:28s