A day to forget for Viladoms.
After a well deserved rest day, the Dakar has resumed with a five o'clock start for Stage 7 of the rally. Hitting altitudes of 3500m the ride from Iquique to Uyuni traversed the worlds largest salt lackwhere riders were not allowed any contact or mechanical assistance and had to carry out all neccessarry replairs on their own.
Stage 8 will see a return to Uyuni across the same lake with a timed stage consisting of 781km.
"This has been a long and very demanding stage on all levels, but I feel good and this is important given that we are in Bolivia, and here things are always complicated because of the altitude. I tried to keep a good pace while riding safe as there was no mechanical assistance today and the second part of the marathon stage will also take it’s toll."
1. Paolo Goncalves (POR, Honda): 3h:56m:00s
2. Marc Coma (ESP, KTM): +00m:14s
3. Matthias Walkner (AUT, KTM): +00m:30s
4. Pablo Qunitanilla (CHI, KTM): +01m:32s
5. Toby Price (AUS, KTM): +01m:49s
6. Joan Pedrero (ESP, Yamaha): +03m:20s
7. Alain Duclos (FRA, Sherco): +03m:48s
8. Helder Rodrigues (POR, Honda): +04m:05s
9. Stefan Svitko (SVK, KTM): +05m:00s
10. Riaan van Niekerk (RSA, KTM): +06m:06s
11. Jordi Viladoms (ESP, KTM): +06m:10s
1. Barreda: 25h:40m:48s
2. Coma (KTM): +06m:28s
3. Goncalves: +10m:59s
4. Qunitanilla (KTM): +25M:16s
5. Price (KTM): +29m:20s
6. Rodrigues: +33m:56s
7. Svitko (KTM): +40m:23s
8. Faria (KTM): +40m:55s
9. Duclos: +50m:31s
10. Casteu (KTM): 1h:16m:52s
15. Viladoms (KTM): 1h:44m:25s